Senior 3D Environment Artist
Position: Senior 3D Environment Artist
Summary: Imangi Studios is seeking a talented Senior 3D Environment Artist to join our team and help create industry-leading mobile games!
The Senior 3D Environment Artist is responsible for developing visual assets for mobile games within the Temple Run brand in line with the project's artistic vision and production deadlines. The Senior 3D Environment Artist will conceptualize, create, and refine the 3D content that defines the game's aesthetic and contributes to gameplay flow.
- Contributes to the conceptualization, design, and development of beautiful and engaging art assets for the Temple Run brand.
- Utilizes 3D environment modeling, UV mapping, texture mapping, animations, shader setup, and any necessary VFX.
- Creates functional assets which can be shared across the project in respect of the technical and artistic constraints.
- Assists with optimization.
- Develops appropriate art pipelines and workflows in conjunction with other members of the art team, design team, and programming team.
- Ensures the technical and artistic quality of the project by collaborating with senior artists and making changes when necessary; implements and incorporates feedback from leaders into work.
- Implements tasks as requested by the Art team to streamline and support production.
- Helps with all visual aspects of bringing a game to market, including assisting in the creation of marketing materials (screenshots, touchups, banners, video trailers, icon creation, etc.).
- Maintains excellent communication internally and externally with our development partners (as needed).
- Tracks and updates the progress of day-to-day tasks using the designated tracking tools.
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of own work.
5+ years of game development experience as an artist specializing in 3D art creation with a focus on environments
Proficiency in Maya, Photoshop, After Effects, or other compositing software
Familiarity with Unity
Solid understanding of color theory