Position: Data Analyst
Summary: Imangi Studios is seeking a talented Data Analyst to join our team and help create industry-leading mobile games!
The Data Analyst is responsible for analyzing, then presenting game and user data for actionable insights that directly leads to product improvements. The Data Analyst will use problem-solving skills and data tools like SQL to identify and evaluate trends, determine the real value of team initiatives, and clearly communicate results and outcomes.
- Evaluate and explore opportunities in our games through detailed querying and analysis of data.
- Connect data, game design, and business goals through the creation of reports and dashboards.
- Share insights with project leads to improve player retention and monetization of our games.
- Deliver clean, accurate, and understandable data visualization and dashboards.
- Work with project leads to establish and define the game economy.
- Analyze player behavior, evaluate game performance, and report suggestions accordingly.
- Formulate hypotheses and run a variety of A/B tests to determine best strategies to implement in our games.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, or a related quantitative field; or a graduate degree in data science or business analytics.
- 2 or more years actively working with data, preferably demonstrated results in video games.
- Expert level knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to work with various data platforms and tools such as Big Query, Amplitude, Firebase, and other systems.
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language preferred (e.g., R, Python).
- Ambition to take ownership of the reporting and analysis functions for our games.
- The ability to tell a convincing story with data.
- Ability to deliver clean, accurate, and understandable data visualization and dashboards
- An innate curiosity and ability to look at large complex data sets and formulate meaningful conclusions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Mobile, F2P, or idle game experience and interest is a HUGE plus!
Candidate Profile Preference:
A mobile game player. You are on top of the latest games, trends, and what’s happening in live events.
Self-motivated with the attitude to get things done.
Data-driven and solution-oriented.
Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans may change rapidly.
Positive attitude and interest in collaborating with other cross-functional teams.